Sunday 18 September 2011

Joachim Darke

Like my other blog I've been neglecting this one a bit. The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I haven't really had time to catch up on things. So thanks to everyone who wrote to me and my apologies for not replying so promptly. Things have been taking off in the community sector and I've been trying to set up a number of project - almost to the detriment of everything else. Some of you have written asking is there any more Joachim Darke and indeed there is. I know David has done a lot more from the scripts that I sent him. He had sent Adrian a lot of material only I haven't been in contact with Adrian at the moment. He himself is extremely busy and when I happen to be free he's not. So contact between us has been difficult over the last couple of weeks. However we do have a meeting scheduled for the beginning of October and hopefully we'll have something up for you to see. Also we're still thinking about 1949 and where we can take it - it's difficult to find time to do it o the standard that we'd like, along with all ou work. I'm slightly more flexible than either Adrian or David and even I'm finding it difficult at the moment. We all have to earn a crust and comics don't really pay. Hopefeull after we've had a meeting things will shape up and we'll see where we go from here. Given the interest that we've generated - and we seem to have generated a lot - it would be a shame to abandon everything. Maybe it's the climate we're living in. But keep watching and some more Darke will be up nd I know that Adrian still has ideas for 1949 so let's see where that goes. Although I've said that comics are dead, there's a part of me that maybe doesn't believe it. Do you? Answers on a postcard please.

No comments:

Post a Comment